The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday it is

It's Friday and a not so bad Friday. Though I do feel a bit.. I don't know?? As some of you may know I have been pondered the idea of opening a scrapbook store. So it went from pondering to yes- I'm going to do it. So when I tell anyone- and not many- I have some that are great-- sounds fun- I'll help ya get set up.. to my MIL who is Oh well the taxes.. and Dan who was are you sure?? I realize why he does this.. he has to play Devils Advocate.. I hate that. But if it wasn't him & my dad were still alive- he'd be doing it. AND- let me just say how much I miss my dad right now-- A LOT. Anyhoo- I guess I am in some ways wishing Dan was more excited. But how can a man be excited about scrap & card making items? Now if we had a video game place- he'd be all gung-ho. I know he is scared-- and I'm not?? I mean I can't open a Huuge store. But I have been told- suggested to start off small. I may not be able to have all the stuff the other LSS has- but with time I will:o) My family is excited & I know if I ask one of my aunts to come help.. she will. I just have to ask..LOL I just wish in some ways I had more input from someone else. Dan- he just has no idea. He can't beleive how much a 12x12 paper rack is. I got one used Wednesday & he replies " you paid $54 for that"? umm yes-- normally new $68 for just 24 shelves.. I got 48 for less than 1. He doesn't get it. Then again he still can't comprehend these crops that we pay & actually will get on a plane and go. LOL So guess this is my whinning session. I know Dan knows I can do it. Just wish he woduln't be soo negative at times.. or maybe the wrong time. He rolls his eyes if I want to talk about something about the store-- so I say nothing- then he will ask me about a catalog I'm looking at & ask why I didn't ask his opinion?! ::shake shake rattle rattle & roll:: I guess I wish I has someone going in on the store with me.. us who has the same passion I do. I know my friends do-- but not like it's them doing it. ::sigh:: I will be fine. Just had to get this off my chest & out.. seeing it. I mean everyone I talk to & tells me -minus my MIL- that they are happy for us. For me. I know the road will not be easy the first year. I'm scared.. I panic.. I drink & move on..LOL Okay if you actually made it this far.. good for you!! I got my domain for a website yesterday... I don't know if the provider of the site has it up. Just a page right now.. I wanted to get the domain & then during the summer set the site up with classes-- yaddayaddayadda. It's a start.. right???

3 Comments:

Blogger becky50 said...

Hey Denise, I am so happy for you. I know you are going to be great at this. You are right it will be tough the first year but just hang in there and you will succeed big time. I have faith in you.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh Denise, I m so very Happy for U!!!! You ca do it BEst of luck my friend!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Jen Hoover said...

DIDDLEY ol DARN! Sure wish I could help ya out!!! that is also something that I would ~love~ to do!!!

are you going to do it from home? or do you have a store front?

do tell!!!!! :D

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home