The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Monday, February 26, 2007

Monday- Monday- Monday!

So here it is Monday.. the beginning of the work week.. the end of the weekend. Dan went to Sunriver with some friends over the weekend. he laft early Friday AM & was suppose to be back last night. But the truck/van wouldn't start. As I type this- it's getting a new Fuel pump.. how sucky! But he had a nice weekend & though the only single one- per sey. The other guys had the wife or girlfriend with them. The guys are friends that we have known since high school. Dwight is the youngest- then Gary & Dan. There are a few more to the gang but they weren't able to make it. Seems so strange that they have all been friends for this long. Our history goes back so far & though we have all at some point moved around- seems we all stay in touch & these guys will be friends through thick & thin. I can honestly say that I have seen these guys go through several girlfriends & a few wives. Though Dwight finally got it right & though long ago we had told him to stick it out with Lora.. he just finally got it about 4 or 5 years ago to actually do that.. after 2 wives. So hey 3rd is a charm & they are expecting a little girl the end of May first of June. That is another funny thing. Out of all these guys.. Dan & I are the only ones with a boy! Gary has 2 daughters in high school that he is raising. They are so pretty- but going to give him a run for his money! Dwight has a daughter by his first wife. Mike- who wasn't around for the weekend but a huge part of this group- has no kids by choice- however he is the godfather of Cameron & Mike says that is close enough to being a father for him. His wife does have a grown son who has a daughter- so he is the only grandpa in the group..LOL John- another one who is a part- but I think serving another term in Iraq- he has a daughter as well- same age as Cameron. So anyway how this all relates to Monday?? I have no idea. Just as usual- got off track here. Anyhoo- Dan is not home- that sucks! I didn't get any scrapping done this weekend- that sucks. Mainly non done because my room is not scrapable. I really need to work that. But I have nooooo time. I actaully for the first time that I can really remember-- watched the whole show of the Oscars. dan says that makes me old.. only old women do that. Thanks honey.. lets talk about how you feel now that you went snowboarding!?! Cam had Isaac over Saturday all day. Yesterday Cam & I watched a movie.. he played with his Army guys.. and mind you has like 200+ of those little men.. and Gracie discovered they are really easy to bat around & kind of fun. Cameron didn't like it. "She keeps messing with the troops mom"! so she was in the bedroom with me watching the first half hour of the Oscars. I must say the dress that Beyonce had on.. was so pretty. The one Kristen Dunts had on.. not sure about that one? But hey- I couldn't have worn any of those...LOL Looks like the rian is going to come again.. it rained off & on all weekend. The boys got caught in the rain a few times while playing in the "forest"- by our house. But they had fun. It was sun breaks this AM but looks like a huge cloud is hanging over the pacific... ugh. I realized today how much I miss baseball season now...and Cameron realized it yesterday. He would always know the opening of little league day while in Arizona was near his birthday- which is next Wednesday. The Saturday after his birthday was opening day.. and he said yesterday with this sad face.. I miss baseball season in Arizona mom. I am with him. I miss the games- the time at the field.. the practices.. everything about it. Here it's so lame. Dan misses it as well. We had so much fun. ::sigh::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home