The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Update on the life of opening a LSS

I know I am over due here on my updates. So here we go... the store is painted and it came out really cute- beachie! Just like I wanted it to. NOW I have other peoples furniture & tanning beds in the store- so I can't do as I really want now. It's driving Dan crazy that it's all in the store. I just have to say okay- fine whatever. Move on now... I have ordered the cash register & it came Friday. The cash wrap counters are ordered and could be here this week. Paper- and all the stuff you need to scrap & make cards.. ordered.. now what did I buy?? Oh crap I have nooo freaking idea! I just know that last Thursday it took all day to go through like 6 lines-- Karen Foster- Heidi Grace- Cloud 9- American Crafts - American Tag- Zsaige and Fiskars. Plus I have ordered from My Minds Eye- Artic Frog- Piggy Tales- 3 Bugs in a rug.. and I forget the others . The shopping is fun I admit- but man it's exhausting! I need to just take it al lout & go back through to see what I need before I open. Right now I picked a date.. Saturday June 23rd for opening day. I have to now sit down & figure who I can have help me that day. I have some local gals who are eager to help me get things priced & all. So my goal is to start that in 2 weeks. I have my signage in the works. Just have to make some final decisions on what I want. I have even forwared some of them to a forum GF - Nicole (hi Nic!) and asked her to have her sweet adorable DH Aaron look at them really quick.
We went up to Seattle the weekend of Mother's Day. It was nice to see my mom & spend it with my aunts & her. I made dinner for them all. But it had been so long sicne I had spent an actually Mother's Day with them it was nice. My mom is doing a bit better. She is sick if you didn't know. She has.. well we really have no idea. Parkingson's - Huningtons?? who knows? Anyhoo- she had some swallowing issues that have been taken care of.. so she is eating. But her case manager is now reporting signs of Dementia. Which we don't see it. But I guess at the home she is in.. the staff sees it. Pkus she now is having long term memory loss. Thsi we noticed more when I was talking about a house a a dog we had when I was a kid.. she couldn't remember until I started talking about some of it. then she re-called some things.. like the dog would sleep under my bed. So it does sadden me and I still ask myself.. why?? why this on her? I mean what did she do? She has a heart of gold.. was a great mom & she would have been a wonderful grandmother. She has lost out on so much as seems I have too. And yes- I still get angry over that. I use to think it was something I must have done.. but I realize & KNOW that that is not the case. I just want answers.. and those I will never have. I just wanted a mom... I mean dson'tget me wrong.. my aunts have been wonderful & they have taken her role.. which I am truly greatful for. I also have a boss who is like a mother to me.. she has been fabulous as well.. but they aren't my mom.. and though they never expect to replace her as they don't want too.. just I know they are always there for me.. Dan- & Cameron.
Okay anyhoo- now I should run.. I am freezing at the moment. Finishing up some cards I have to do for a Stamp of the month Swap.. I am soo behind on everything.. life.. me.. laundry.. and we all know I HATE the laundry thing!! Good thing Dan can fold clothes well... hee hee Hugs to all!

3 Comments:

Blogger {S} said...

((((((tight hugs))))) I'm sorry about your mom. I truly know your anguish....

Congrats on the store's progress! Have you seen that surfboards are being used as shelves?! That would be so cool in your store! :~) I'd love to make a trip out there some day to see you. It could be a really possibility for this summer.

I wish you all the best!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

7:27 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

hugs and prayers for your mom....
I am so excited for you about the lss

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home