The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Monday, January 14, 2008

soooo...

I think I must live a terribly boooring life. I have nothing to really say. Okay not true- I always have something to say. Just some things I think you can never win at talking about. Like what? okay- Music-politics-religion. Those seem to be the 3 you will always have some big discussions over. Discussing politics with my BIL who HATES Bush is a loose-loose. He has a right to his opinion like everyone else. I respect that. But when people say we need to impeach him (Bush).. I think it's really a redundant statement. Next year at this time we'll have a new President. Religion- can never talk about. I can.. but not with to many people. I am a spiritual person- believe in God. But I have these issues that I don't like about the church itself.. and some of the people. I don't like religion shoved down my throat. Don't get me wrong... again I believe in religion..just not ome of the stuff that goes on & how some of the people are. My MIL brings up the fact that people can't pray in school & find it unfair. Unfair??? I believe that ALL religions should be able to pray-- Muslim-Jewish- Christian-Buddhist- ALL of them.. and how can one school keep that up? So if they can't do it for everyone.. then not do it all approach isn't so bad. Music? I like all music.. okay I can't stand rap. But I believe in the power of music. Now those 3 subjects I said I should never talk about and I did. I respect every one's opinion about these subjects. Oh- Art is another one. We have some art in our house that some people don't like and that is fine.. I don't care for the Thomas Kincaid art. Doesn't fit my style. I find people interpret art in so many different ways. What it says to one person it says something else to another. A friend of my dads once asked him to help him buy some art- my dad replied to him.. if you like it buy it! That simple. We have a few pieces of art that have some partial nudity. One of Cameron's friends went & told his grandmother that we had some NUDE pictures on our wall. His mom told her mom- it's just art. Then the grandmother confronts me one day when I dropped Cameron off to play. She says she didn't appreciate the Nude pictures on my wall. I asked her when she had seen them. She said she hadn't- just her grandson told her about them. I said it's art on the wall. She said she doesn't want her grandson to see these. I replied.. think it's too late- he has seen them. I then asked her if she preferred I had ART with someone blowing another ones brains out? I said it's ART.. and until you have seen it how can you pass judgement? She said she wasn't about to come see it. I told her.. well my door is always open if you'd like to see it. This was a few summers ago.. and she has yet to come over & see it. Her grandson still comes over.. and his mother sees it as art. Nothing she would have in her house-but as she says- it isn't not my home.. its' yours. Again- all in how you interpret these things-- religion- art- music- politics. But that is just MY OPINION. Anyhoo- so much for not having anything to say.

3 Comments:

Blogger BubbaH said...

For someone who's got nothing to say, you use a lot of words to say so...

BubbaH!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I KNOW!! It just came out. :o) Thanks for feedback Bubbah. I enjoy your blogs. Have a great week.

1:52 PM  
Blogger {S} said...

well you sure had a whole lotta nothing to say!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home