The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

So it's Wednesday's off...

But not really. Seems though I am off I am doing work things. I know it will get better & I made the choice. Guess I shouldn't complain.. but I will for a moment. But it's not like it is REALLY a complaining thing.. just a comment. Okay- shutting up now. Like that would last long.
Okay so who is tried of hearing about poor Brittany F&*%$@! Spears?? She lost custody of her boys & wonders why?? Hello-- have you NOT watched yourself on TV & seen yourself totally destroy yourself as we speak? I think it must drive me crazy that ANYONE apparently can become a parent. But the ones who WANT too- like my cousin, have to write this long drawn out bio about themselves.. go to parenting classes while all the live long F%^&$ day someone who has no business being a parent... "here ya go-- good luck carry on- go run around with your crack-heads- druggie friends- yadda yadda yadda" okay- Britt wasn't doing these things so much that we know of.. she is wreck less & has a right to be a 20-something year old- but you gave that up to a point when YOU decided to be a parent. Its' fine to have fun... but your KIDS COME FIRST. Just my 2 cents. And not like I don't know exactly what I am talking about. At 18 I made a choice to give up a baby boy for adoption. My MIL told me I was selfish for doing it.. I recall thinking WTF? If I keep this baby I AM SELFISH.. if I give him up I'm giving him a better life. I gave him life- but its' up to someone else to give him A life. I am too young & a child myself. I had no idea who I was.. and at times I think I still don't :o). Would I have changed anything?? yes- changed the fact that he even came home for a few months... he should have been with his mom & dad sooner. I was lucky- my mom's youngest sister adopted him.So now think you know more than needed about me?? LOL
Okay now I have to go now.. catch ya'll later .

5 Comments:

Blogger Liane said...

ROFLOL PIMP. Gotta love Brittany

9:22 PM  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

As an adopted child myself, I applaud your decision. It gives people who want kids a chance to raise their own. And it often is for all the right reasons. I remember reading this book about a girl who decided to keep her baby (she was in high school), and it got to the point where she shook the baby. She realized how the situation wasn't good for anyone involved, and the best, least selfish thing she could do was to let the baby go. And I agree with that. ((hugs))

I just wholeheartedly agree with so much of your post!!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I became a mom at 19... I take my hat off to you. I believe that giving a child up is not selfish, is just the opposite.

I also second Ann I tottally agree with your post!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

thank you Ann.. and Lizette. It wasn't an easy choice.. but I knew the right one. Thanks so much.

12:24 PM  
Blogger {S} said...

oh wow. You do Rock.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home