The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Soccer Season is over

Yep- over for Cameron now. The Falcons went 6-1.. they lost today & it was a hard loss. However- it didn't last long since the team got to dump Gatorade all over the coach. They had a party tonight with the "older" Falcon team- which is the next level up & Cameron will play with them next year. He had good time tonight & happy with his trophy.
This past week went pretty fast. I have been busy. Liane & I have come up with a price for the May crop- so we are working on that when we have time. I think it's going to be a lot of work- but in the end well worth it. I have a Friday night crop & not even sure who is coming. I have to figure a way to know. I mean I am providing dinner & it's difficult when you don't know how many. I'll get over & be fine though.
David (Dan's older brother) came up from San Francisco this weekend. We ended up driving into Portland to see him. He flew up to spend time with his younger sister- well he is the oldest. Anyhoo- Laura is the oldest daughter- and he came to spend with her & her kids. She has 4- Joshua- Ashley - Nathan & Lindsay.. ages 26 to 14. And Ashely has 2 little girls.. 6 months & 4 years old. It was fun & nice to them. We hadn't seen any of them sicne the wedding- Joshua to Katy. It was nice to see them. Cameron has a blast. Tonight my MIL called & she "fished" as usual asking " Have you talked to your siblings"? she knew David came up. Dan told her- yes- drove into Portland to see them. She does her snotty reply "Oh". Whatever- what??? you don't have a cara to drive into Portland?. It's a never ending thing. She didn't come to any of Cameron's soccer games. And yet my aunts managed to come from Seattle to see one or 2.. go figure. No- I don't want her at the game- but I don't want to her say she never sees him. Which actually she now doesn't say that anymore. I guess it still burns me that my dad is no longer here on this earth to see him- to spend time with him as they did. Cam is now left with a selfish woman who will never give any of her time & never be a "real" grandmother. My mom as much as she wants to- just can't be the grandmother he deserves. I thank god every day for my aunts. They make him feel like what a grandparent should make them feel.. and do. Yes- that was my gripe of the day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

((((hugs)))) I know what you mean about grandparents, aunts, uncles... My kids have none. :~( None that participate at least. All I can do is be the best I can be when my turn is up.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

yep.. you just go with ot I guess. In the end they only have themselves to blame. Hugs to you my dear friend
D

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home