The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

So 14 days until Thanksgiving?

so that means like 45 days until Christmas?! Holy Schmoley. I am usually so being ready fro the Christmas Holiday. My friend Jen had me realize I have yet to make a dent in the shopping. ::sigh::. Cameron is getting to the age of harder to buy for. Clothes he hates to get.. but what boy really likes to get clothes? I have a lot of stuff to still make. I shouldn't say a lot- but enough.
As far as Thanksgiving is going we are having dinner at our house. Dan's mom is coming & her friend from childhood- Sharon. Sharon has a brother & he is bringing his family. My SIL & her family are driving down from Seattle. So it will be a nice. I just have to keep my MIL out of my kitchen. She will drive me to drink..Oh she already did that! She has already had a "fit" about the freaking mashed potatoes ::rolling eyes:: Dan is a HUGE GRINCH this time of year. I can never figure out what he has to be a grinch about. I mean he doesn't do much of anything. Okay the lights- but I help- the tree- again- I help. The shopping?? oh please he does none of it. Just for me.. that is it. He sees a Christmas commercial on TV & gets grumpy. Cameron told him last night that he just needed to go sleep the holiday off & get back to us in January. I tend to agree with the child. Cameron has the day off from school- In Service Day. Then off tomorrow Veteran's Day. So I'm heading off to go get him & a friend to play & eat me out of house & home. I have a scratchy throat today so I hope I'm not getting the crummy cold that is going around.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((hugs))) I'm with you. So not ready!! so many things to MAKE! UGH!!
Good luck with the MIL. you could always have a "drink" ready for her when she arrives and slip her a little sompthin'. ;~P

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Cameron is too smart, I think Dan should just hibernate until January. lol

btw if you want to avoid getting comments like those 2 above you should use the word verification thingy :)

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh... you need to update your blog woman!!! LOL

CHRISTMAS iS CoMiNg!!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home