The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Back to reality

back to life!! The weekend went well. I swear I didn't get much done.. yet I was busy. Go figure. I'll post later what I did. I have to complete the journaling on them. They had a computer but they forgot a cord for it so I wasn't able to journal. I know I could actually WRITE.. but just don't wanna!! The weekend went by fast. Dan had to help a friend move that Saturday so he went into Portland Friday night- Cameron went to Jewell & stayed with Dalton. So Friday night it was just me- the dog & the stupid cat. I did leave about 3ish & Colleen & I stayed until about 11:30pm. Then we were back up in Astoria about 9ish. It was a good day- good fun. The "sisters" who put it on did a great job.. and lots of fun. It was a little tamed.. a lot of us were just too busy to be the monkeys I think we all can be. but it was nice. I'd like to go to another in April if I can. We will see.
My MIL is playing another one of her games. Dan went to take her home from work yesterday since she got in this "accident".. she won't elaborate- so probably a stupid F^&* her thing she did. She has been really "weird" as Dan says- just "short answers" and obviously mad at him me- all of us. Who knows? He told his mom that David (his brother) and Larry weren't coming for Christmas.. (Christmas for the Dawson side is at our house this year)- anyhoo- the MIL says that we should just not do Christmas. I'm thinking- how about you NOT do Christmas & we'll be fine with just the rest of the family. Whatever. I'm so sick of these childish games she plays.. how old are you?? I called Stephanie last night (the younger sister) & she says" well go back into the archives- what did you do 2 months- or even 2 years ago that now she is mad about"? sad- but true.. so it must be something that comes up waaay back. I know when staph & I sat down to discuss the Christmas plans a few years back & the MIL says to me... what gives you 2 the right to determine where & when Christmas is.. I said well Christmas is the same time every year & we decide since it's OUR house.... thank you very much. So I'm sure that is burning her STILL. I mean COME ON-- get over it already. In reality- I have no idea what it is & frankly I just could really careless.. except it's taken out on my husband-- HER son.. and that just ticks me off. I'm sure Steph called her this AM & I have no idea if she ignored the call or just was in her sweet self personality- "what?? nothing is wrong sweetheart" oh puke me out!
So now tomorrow I am going into Portland.. having lunch with Liane.. and I want to go to a scrapbook store. Imagine that!? Liane is soo sorry to be dragged to that!-- sarcasm IS involved there. So is everyone ready for Turkey Day?? and what is everyone doing? We are going to Seattle & having it with my aunts- my mom & Stephanie & her family. Oh I'm sure that is another thing that bothers my MIL- that Steph & her family are invited..whatever. BUT- looking forward to that- spending the time with my family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann Marie said...

:-( Sounds like a definite wet blanket, your MIL.

Have you received my layouts yet? It's been a long time, and I asked on the About forum, but I guess you haven't seen that post yet... I am getting worried. :-(

9:06 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Oh my goodness. I did get them & they are GREAT. I swear i emailed you.. but then again.. Gidget steps in much more lately.. sorry. I got them & we have recieved many great comments.. thank you so much Ann. You rock!!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

Okay, good to know! Now I can rest easy--at least until they have to make their return trip. LOL Thank you!! :-D Glad you liked them. :-)

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home