The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Friday, November 16, 2007

The Curse of being #2 claims



the Ducks. Ducks lost last night to the unranked UofA Wildcats in Tucson- 24-34. Ducks are the 5th team to be knocked out-- USC- California- Boston College- & South Florida. So no National title this year for the Ducks. UofO quarterback- Dennis Dixon went down with a knee injury & wasn't able to return to the game. So the Ducks just went down hill. They are a good team. Not that UofA is a better team.. they aren't. When Dixon was in he was running circles around the Wildcats. Had Dixon been able to play the rest of the game-- the Ducks would have won. Not saying Dixon is a one man team.. but Brady Leif who is the 2nd string QB.. let me just say I think Cam could have done better than he did. 2 interceptions.. he just couldn't complete a pass. So okay.. done with that. I know Mike & Liane are just happy has those Wildcats can be. I told Cam he has to burn his UofA shirt now..LOL he said nope.. they are a Pac-10 team mom. I say-- okay- so are the Huskies are you wearing one of those shirts?? NO WAY mom-- the are bad dawgs...LOL

So tonight Isaac is spending the night. I told Dan to head to the Wine House & get a few good bottles of wine.. I'll need it! Isaac isn't really too bad of a kid. He just hasn't been taught to be more respectful.. he claims to be the victim every time & can't keep his mouth shut half of time & wonders why he is trouble. Cam can take him in small doses these days. So it does surprise me that he wanted Isaac to sleepover. We'll see how it goes.

I went & had lunch with Liane Wednesday. We ate & then I wanted to check out a scrapbook store in far away Northeast Portland. We get to the store & Liane hasn't really been out of the house in awhile since she had been sick. She gets a phone call from Mike- her adorable husband-
that there oldest son Alec needs to come home. He is a kid with Aspergers & in 8th grade. A very smart kid who did his math lessons & then the teacher tells him.. sorry no credit for this. Well- the teacher is dumbass! I mean to tell that to a child who doesn't have Aspergers is upsetting- so now tell it to a child WITH it. Of course she didn't know all that until after we got back to her house STILL- Liane being the sweetie she is.. let me cruise around the store a bit & even sat down to figure out how to make this adorable 6x6 book for me. So excited about that. I just feel bad that she has had to deal with this teacher who has become a PITA to her son & her..LOL
Thanksgiving is coming next week? who is ready?? HA! Me?? since I'm not cooking I sure am. We are heading to Seattle to have dinner with my family & Dan's sister's family will be attending as well. I just have to make pies.. works for me. Had we stayed in town.. still wouldn't be cooking! we had invites to a few places & surly would have gone to the Wade's Party House.. I mean dinner... anyhoo we will miss seeing them & the Donovan's this Thanksgiving. Okay - gotta run to get some things up & out.. and my wine. Cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Liane said...

I think I just better say WAHOOOOOOO GO WILDCATS! Cats rule! =-) We enjoyed the game in our house, and yes everyone wore their Arizona shirts today! Hehehe

6:18 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

no one likes you.....

12:07 PM  
Blogger Liane said...

I know.... I know! LOL But EVERYONE likes the Cats!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Yes, I love cats too but..........so sad the ducks lost.
Boo hoo, I hate football! LOL!
really I do but I wish for them to win every year. Ha ha ha

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home