The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Monday, November 19, 2007

So the weekend

went well. I stayed home and rested mostly. Saturday I came into the store for a little bit and have had this headache hanging since Thursday. Sandy was here & she did great. She offered to work Sunday & I took it & slept most of Sunday. Do I feel better?? SURE DO!! Last thing I wanted was to be sick on Thanksgiving!
So the Friday Night with Isaac over.. went fine. We then had him all day Saturday & he & Cam were doing good. Though Isaac did try his hardest to get Cam in trouble a few times. But it never worked. I told Isaac- your wasting your time & mine trying to get him in trouble.. I think you should worry about you & how NOT to get into trouble. Isaac wears this "badge of honor" that he has been suspended 3 times already this year. The last one.. for telling a teacher she was a "f'in bitch". So then after hearing this.. I say to Dan.. and he just spent the night with us? Thinking on the note what was the punishment for saying that to his teacher? and though it's not my business or my child I am just floored. Dan replies-- you know he has his mother wrapped tight & he runs the house. I KNOW this.. but I just can not wrap this whole thing around my head that he just had in house/school suspension. I realize we all raise our children differently.. but I look at the friends I have & I know if any of these kids ever did what Isaac did.. it would be hell week at home. Thing is.. none of these kids would never do that because they know better. It all comes down to the respect thing. Anyway- Cam wanted to spend the night at Issac's on Saturday & so we let him. He went o church with them. Dan wasn't thrilled about that.. and not so much that he went. .. more of why didn't Amy say they were going to church? not a big deal.. but why? I said- we know she goes.. and Cam knows he can say I want to go home.. Cam came home later that day & I asked how church was.. he replied it was better than Mamaks (Dan's mom) church. I asked if he went to the service & he said he did. He saw friends from school. He said he MIGHT want to go again. I said okay. He asked if I would take him.. I said sure. He asked if it was really okay. I replied to him.. Cam..we will never force the church thing on you.. your dad was forced to go & this is why he won't go.. among other things.. but we decided long ago that it would be your choice.. and we will always support it & yes- I will be happy to take you. We waited for the "how come we don't go" question.. but it didn't come.
As everyone else we are on a short week at school. We will be taking off fro Seattle Wednesday morning. The store is closed on Wednesdays now.. and then I'll close Friday too. I can't compete with black Friday. And who does this?? I mean up at 3am?? are you crazy? is it worth it?? okay- probably to some.. but my sleep is worth more than a few bucks..LOL
Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liane said...

I only wish I knew to say.... ugh!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home