The Happy Scrappy Beach Girl

Thought it was high time I update this part. What is this bog all about? Not much- just this & that & if I ever get back to my own scrapping- that will & can be included. So grab a martini- pitcher of margaritas or some wine and come on over!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

What a great Turkey Day

So Thanksgiving was great. It was great to see family & spend some time with them. Though it's never enough time. The drive was good heading up. No complaints.. well just that Cameron didn't want Burgerville & I did. Cam wanted Wendy's.. so Dan said fine.. I'll do both- . Okay- not what we asked but since you offered!! :o) We got up to Seattle about 2ish & since we were going north traffic was going pretty good. GOOD thing I tell ya since if you were heading SOUTH.. you were in this 23 mile back up. I kid you not. I swear traffic FOR NO REASON.. just amazes me that there isn't more road rage in that city. Maybe there is & I just don't know it. We just stayed in & visited with my aunt. It was very nice. I did make pumpkin pie & all was good. Thursday we headed over to my other aunts & Dan's sister's family joined us. The day was a good one.
We headed back yesterday & made good time coming home. Got back around 2:30. Headed over to some friends house for leftover turkey dinner, which was fine by me. Tonight it's Pizza delivery man night. Cam has a friend over.. Even. So they have managed to drink a entire liter of Mt Dew.. and a bag of chips. .popcorn & pretty sure the ice cream is gone. .and they still have until tonight.. eegads! hey they are having fun & being good!
So now the shopping begins. I usually have started by now. I have done a few things.. but not much. It will get done. We still aren't sure what were doing Christmas Eve.. looks like Seattle is a no go. So maybe we'll wander into town & spend it with the Donovan's.. leave early Christmas morning so they have their time as a family & we can get home & open Santa presents!! We'll see how it goes & who knows.. anything can happen & change.... just not gong to worry about it. We have Christmas at our house this year. So far the MIL tells Danny- I'm not doing Christmas" yea- whatever. I know that is wishful thinking on my part. She'll come.. she always plays this game.
Hope everyone had a good Turkey day! It was a thankful day for me. It was great to be with family & that I am thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home